St. Joseph's Cemetery (NT019)


The first Catholic parish in Rhode Island, St. Joseph’s, was established in 1828 by the Boston Diocese. The congregation met in a preexisting structure on Barney Street and an adjacent burial site was quickly established. The burial site today is maintained by volunteers from the Newport Museum of Irish History.

Use this link to the Rhode Island database to see a listing of burials in this site

return to top of the page